Permanent Fulltime Position, 40 Hours Per Week
Exciting opportunity to join the dynamic team at the Lord Nelson Hotel & Suites, a four-and-a-half-star iconic landmark hotel with an incomparable downtown location.
The position of Hotel Coordinator is perfect for someone who excels in handling a variety of tasks by employing outstanding interpersonal communication and customer service skills.
- Work closely with General Manager producing and managing communication for all hotel departments by attending weekly staff meetings and ensuring follow-up of all tasks assigned
- Prepare, key in, edit and proofread correspondence, invoices presentations, brochures publications, reports and related material from dictation and handwritten copy.
- Open and distribute incoming regular, electronic mail, and other material and coordinate the flow of information internally and with other departments
- Answer phones and maintain files
- Record cheques
- Schedule and confirm appointments and meetings
- Maintain and circulate fax correspondence
- Maintain purchase order system – by ensuring invoices are processed and submitted with purchase order
- Determine and establish office procedures
- Greet visitors/employees, ascertain nature of business, and direct to appropriate person
- Record and prepare minutes of meetings
- Compile data, statistics and reports as requested
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports
- Assist General Manager with all administrative duties
- Maintain accurate hotel records
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (especially Word & Excel) as well as Outlook
- Produce and manage communication between General Manager and hotel departments
- Manage office supply inventory, order supplies
- Facilitate employee social events, activities, awards and social programming for hotel team members
- Attend various meetings and record minutes at meetings as requested
- Assist with sourcing and researching items for the hotel
- Maintain a 100% accurate departmental and executive contact list
- Hotel experience preferred (minimum of 3 years)
- Confident individual with exceptional interpersonal skills and knowledge of premium customer service practices
- Impeccable communication skills – both verbal and written
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel and Powerpoint), Social Media Platforms and other database systems
This is an ideal time to put your career on a path to success. The Lord Nelson Hotel & Suites has recently undergone a multi-million-dollar transformation that artfully combines urbane style with historic elegance.
Please clearly demonstrate in your cover letter/resume how you meet the above requirements.
We thank all who apply, only those who have been selected for further consideration will be contacted.
No phone calls please. Forward resume via email attention Lesa Griffin, General Manager, The Lord Nelson Hotel & Suites, email@example.com