The Lord Nelson Hotel and Suites is looking for a General Manager of Housekeeping to join our team!
The Executive Housekeeping Manager works alongside the Assistant Housekeeping Manager to manage all employees of the department. They are responsible for the planning, organization, development and direction of the overall operation of the Housekeeping Department in accordance with standard practices and guidelines of the Lord Nelson Hotel & Suites, to assure that the highest degree of guest satisfaction and care is maintained always.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluates safe work practices and completes job performance reviews.
- Maintains the care and use of supplies, equipment, etc. and the appearance of Housekeeping areas, and performs regular inspections of guest/public areas and rooms for sanitation, order, safety and proper performance of assigned duties by housekeeping staff.
- Assures that Housekeeping staff always follow established safety regulations in the use of equipment and supplies.
- Requisitions all Housekeeping supplies and equipment and maintains adequate inventory levels to provide a clean, safe and comfortable environment.
- Recommends to the General Manager, budgetary amounts to meet the equipment and supply needs of the department.
- Develops and maintains written policy and procedures for housekeeping and laundry services and activities with other related units.
- Coordinates and monitors guest moves and responds to guest requests promptly and per policies.
- Coordinates repair needs with Maintenance department.
- Processes payables efficiently, per policies and procedures.
- Performs daily inspections of all public areas, ballrooms, and guestrooms to ensure all are cleaned and maintained to hotel standards.
- Minimum three (3) years of related housekeeping management experience.
- Must speak, understand, and write fluently in English. Bilingualism is an asset
- Experience working in a fast-paced Hotel setting is required.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications, specifically; Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
The Ideal Candidate:
- Flexible and able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Understands the challenges that are present in an 24/7 business setting
- Organized and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment while being able to manage a changing workload and meet tight deadlines
Please clearly demonstrate in your cover letter/resume how you meet the above requirements. We thank all who apply, only those who have been selected for further consideration will be contacted.
No phone calls please. Forward resume via email attention Lesa Griffin, General Manager, The Lord Nelson Hotel & Suites, email@example.com